Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kids in the UK get an evolutionary treat

How magnificent is the UK? First, the entire nation drinks tea incessantly, much as I do. Second, my splendid dad was born and raised there. Third, it produced our big man Darwin.

Well, it gets better, folks.


Earlier this month, the UK government announced that evolution will be included in their new national science curriculum starting at the elementary level. Yes, that's right, the elementary level, as in kindergarten. And then first grade. And second. And third, fourth, fifth, until everybody is just as comfortable as can be with the history of life on earth.

Oh my. I am nerdy enough that this gives me goosebumps (which, by the way, have an evolutionary history that would captivate any kindergartener.) Any kids out there want to move to London with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment